Archived series ("Inactive feed" status)
When? This feed was archived on February 02, 2021 01:27 (). Last successful fetch was on May 22, 2020 03:24 ()
Why? Inactive feed status. Our servers were unable to retrieve a valid podcast feed for a sustained period.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 195527027 series 1407254
Get lost in the endurance sport of Peakbagging by explaining how it works, what gear you need, and where you can go to get lost racing it.What the heck is Peakbagging?
Peakbagging is an activity in which hikers, hillwalkers, fast packers, and mountaineers attempt to reach the summits of a collection of peaks.
Usually those above some height or prominence in a particular region, or having a particular feature.
Sometimes this is also called hill bagging, mountain bagging, Munro bagging or simply “bagging”, peak bagging goes beyond just reaching a mountain summit.
Why do Peakbagging?
Peakbagging is not like your traditional mountain climbing expeditions.
It is an endurance sport that blends the core elements of hiking, ultrarunning, and orienteering, but avoids the technical skills of a hardcore rock climber.
To be a peakbagger, all you need to do is have the passion and desire to want to collect a series of peaks from an abstract list.
The goal is to not to summit only the mountain, but to climb all the peaks around the mountain in the fastest, not hardest, way possible.
And have your only reason for doing it be: “because it’s there”.
Time to go tag and bag some peaks!
And that is the endurance sport of Peakbagging.
- Peakbagger.com: http://www.peakbagger.com/
- Peakbagger.com Peaks List: http://www.peakbagger.com/listindx.aspx
- The Harvey Manning Peak Challenge: https://trailrunnermag.com/people/culture/harvey-manning-peak-challenge.html
- Discrete Peak Series: http://theprobar.com/introducing-the-discrete-peak-series-trail-running-and-peak-bagging/
- Discrete Peak Series: http://rock.discreteclothing.com/peak-series/
- 10 Perfect Peakbagging Trips: https://www.backpacker.com/stories/10-perfect-peakbagging-trips
- The Peak Bagger: http://www.blueridgeoutdoors.com/go-outside/hiking/the-peak-bagger/
Until then, I hope you Get Lost Racing!Our Sponsor
I want to know what you think about my podcast! Please leave me feedback by doing the following:
- Go to the Merchants of Dirt Podcast iTunes page.
- Click View in iTunes under the show artwork.
- Submit a review and give it a 5-star rating!
If you're thinking about creating a race for this discipline, please join my Facebook group: Race Promoters' Hangout.