Manage episode 216314267 series 1682884
Dana Falsetti is a yoga instructor with a simple but revolutionary idea--yoga should be for everybody. Campaigning for equality, shame disruption, empowerment, sexual freedom and confidence, Dana has gained an online following of more than half a million people. She has traveled worldwide, hosting dozens of workshops for those seeking similar insights, and several of her viral videos have gleaned more than 20 million views. Dana won the 2017 Shorty Award for Health and Wellness on Social Media and had been featured in publications such as Seventeen, Women’s Health, People, Cosmopolitan, Huffington Post and Buzzfeed, among others. She has built her own platform where yoga students pay only what they can afford, for a practice that suits their ability status, and where compassion is at the heart of every lesson.
Dana’s message really does just boil down to compassion for people of all sizes, all races, all ages, and all ability statuses. The lack of empathy in diet culture and the corporate wellness industry has led to a very visual and commercial understanding of “health.” Dana advocates for a broader, more holistic understanding of health that cannot be determined by your BMI (body mass index).
Like many people, Dana dealt with a lot of shame throughout her life. She believed that she had to be a specific weight and reach a certain standard of beauty, to be allowed to thrive in modern society. Five years ago, she found yoga, and it helped pull her out of the insidious grasp of diet culture. While Dana has had her ups and downs during her yoga journey, she has reached a point where existing as herself and living her best life in the body is her highest truth - and she's helping others do the same.
Dana also recommends:
- 1 Instagram account to follow to push you out of your comfort zone and challenge your ideas about body positivity and fatness.
- One book to read to help you build a firm foundation for your yoga practice.
Join us at www.girlskill.com/74
P. S. Sign up for the free, exclusive training from me on “The Lie of Female Success: How to Get Unstuck, Release Pressure & Stop Trying to Do It All” to find out:
- How to overcome the "Superwoman Syndrome" so you can start living in freedom, with ease, and owning your truth
- True feminine power and what you can do right now to begin feeling supported, stop pushing & controlling your life and men
- How to rediscover, embrace and cultivate feminine flow and become embodied so you can stop overthinking and start making decisions from the heart
- The essence of masculine/feminine polarity and how to attract and magnify the relationship you want
- And much more…
Sign up at girlskill.com/webinar