This series is archived ("HTTP Redirect" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
Replaced by: Glass Half Empty Podcast | The Big Lead
When? This feed was archived on August 30, 2017 15:49 (). Last successful fetch was on August 18, 2017 04:13 ()
Why? HTTP Redirect status. The feed permanently redirected to another series.
What now? If you were subscribed to this series when it was replaced, you will now be subscribed to the replacement series. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 175733704 series 179797
Tracy Wolfson, who is the lead sideline reporter for CBS Sports’ college basketball and NFL coverage, joins the podcast this week. We discussed:
- What will the Final Four dynamic be like with three fan bases who are more or less new to the Dance?
- The Louisville player who thought she was “stealing plays,” and the technical difficulties during Michigan-Oklahoma State where she had to do 30 seconds of play-by-play and give her microphone to the announce team.
- How much of her pregame preparation makes it to air, and the art of storytelling in 30-second soundbites. Also, the distinction between what she hears and what she is able to say on television.
- Navigating the line between rubbernecking on injuries — including, for example, gruesome ones like Kevin Ware’s — and reporting the news.
- Which coaches give the best content in halftime interviews?
- How she juggles the preparation and travel rigors of sideline reporting, with three sons.
- The time where she was interviewing Bobby Valentine, and impressed him with a well-researched follow-up. After she left the spot and the cameras were still rolling, she later discovered that Bobby V. asked, “Who’s that broad?” She laughs that this will be the title of her autobiography.
Hope you enjoy!
PAST GLASS HALF EMPTY PODCASTS:
▶ Mike Florio: Average Fans Should Care About Josh Gordon Confidentiality Breach (Previous podcasts with Florio on Deflategate and his own career are here and here)
▶ Should LeBron Bear More Responsibility for Love and Kyrie “Fitting In?” (With Cleveland sports talk host Anthony Lima)
▶ What Does PC Twitter Even Mean? (With Jason McIntyre and Barstool’s Big Cat)
*denotes Pigsplosion podcast
78 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .