Going Beyond the Food: Intuitive Eating, Body Neutrality, Diet Culture, Mindset and Anti-Diet Podcast
290-Her Story: High Achieving & Type A Woman Unlearning Diet Culture with Kim
Manage episode 301360722 series 2790805
Are you successful in many aspects of your life, yet food and body remain a secret struggle?
Kim Beckman is a high-performing, achieving professional who, after a 50-year journey with food and body restriction, has committed herself to the journey of unlearning diet culture. She joined Undiet Your Life a year ago, and in this interview, she will share with us what she has learned. She has a special message for all “type A” women!What you’ll learn listening to this episode on a high achieving & type-A woman unlearning diet culture:
- The 50 years journey searching for THE formula
- How perfectionism and control was in every part of her life
- What triggered her to stop trying to fix her body
- How learning to befriend vulnerability was a game-changer for her
- The gift of unlearning diet culture beyond the food she has experience.
- The role of mentor she is now taking in her profession to help other women