s1, ep6: Marie Poulin on Growing Up with a Borderline Personality Parent and Finding Healing Through the Meisner Technique
Manage episode 189742705 series 1550908
Becoming comfortable and confident in who you are is not just about who you are today. Sometimes, it takes us looking into the hard parts of our past to see how it has shaped us. My guest this week is Marie Poulin, a designer and digital strategist who tends to focus on helping other people reach their full potential. Once Marie began to turn that personal development onto herself, she discovered a key to her past that changed everything.
Growing up with a parent suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder radically changes your view of the world. Marie and I bonded instantly over this shared experience, and we hope that by sharing our stories, we can inspire and encourage more individuals who have been hurt. Marie is an open book; her life has been anything but easy. The imprint of her difficult childhood is still something she struggles with today, but it’s a battle worth fighting.
Now, Marie is redoubling her efforts to continue her personal journey of healing and growth. Listen this week as Marie shares her bold 100 Day video initiative, her brave experiences with improv, and making new shifts in her business. There’s a little something for everyone in Marie’s story, so prepare to be encouraged!
Listen in to Hear Marie and I Talk About
- The impacts of growing up with a Borderline Personality Parent
- The balance between Vulnerability and how much should be shared on Social Media.
- Finding the courage to speak through improv classes and 100 Day challenges.
Resources + People Mentioned
- The Body Keeps The Score by Bessel van der Kolk: https://www.amazon.com/Body-Keeps-Score-Healing-Trauma/dp/B00OBT7KAO/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1507836936&sr=1-1&keywords=the+body+keeps+the+score
- Marie’s Medium Article: https://medium.com/@mariepoulin/i-am-a-child-of-a-borderline-mother-5568fc793766
- Stop Walking on Eggshells: https://www.amazon.com/Stop-Walking-Eggshells-Borderline-Personality/dp/1572246901
- The Meisner technique: http://www.themeisnercenter.com/history.html
- Marie’s Website: http://mariepoulin.com
12 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 32 mins duration .