#133: Grace-based Friendship: Are your friendships healthy? (And what to do if they’re not) with LPC Shundria Riddick
Manage episode 343656451 series 2994269
Are your friendships healthy? How do you know if a friendship is unhealthy?
God’s heart for us is to have deep friendships, but how do we know if our friendships are healthy and what to do about it if they are not?
I’m so glad Licensed Professional Counselor Shundria Riddick is here because she talks to us about
- seven ingredients of healthy friendships,
- what boundaries look like in friendships,
- and five ways to reconcile a broken friendship
- “Reciprocity is not something that’s selfish; it actually honors the relationship.” - LPC Shundria Riddick
- “Boundaries aren’t saying ‘no.’ Boundaries are honoring your choices.” - LPC Shundria Riddick
- “True friendships allow for disagreements.” - LPC Shundria Riddick
- “There has to be room and grace for disagreements.” - LPC Shundria Riddick
- “Some of us talk, and then we wait to talk. We listen to talk.” - LPC Shundria Riddick
- “You know what it’s like to be you. You don’t know what it's like to be in relationship with you.” - LPC Shundria Riddick
- “There’s nothing you can do that can heal the hurt and brokenness in another person.” - LPC Shundria Riddick
- “There aren’t going to be good feelings when you’re having a difficult conversation.” - LPC Shundria Riddick
- Become a subscriber so you can enter to win one free life coaching session with Shundria!
- #100: Spiritual Health: Imitating Christ as we suffer with author K.J. Ramsey
Shundria shares a message of hope and freedom in Christ. As a graduate of Amberton University, Shundria holds a Master’s Degree in Counseling. In the role of a wife of over 20 years and dedicated mother, she has spent the last several years in the trenches of chauffeuring kids, cooking, cleaning, and trying to figure out how to sync all of her devices.
And like the typical woman, she has juggled all of these things while dealing with the emotional and mental battles of life's daily issues. Shundria currently provides virtual counseling and educational groups from her private practice in Coppell, Texas.Here’s how to connect with Shundria