Manage episode 232890766 series 2359403
What’s the goal of justice? To punish the offender as payment for wrongdoing or to restore the offender to community? We continue our series on power by talking with Dominique DuBois Gilliard about how our anemic vision of justice has created a very broken incarceration system in the United States.
Dominique helps us see that even though we are addicted to vengeance, God’s justice is inherently restorative. God’s goal is for sinners to reintegrate into a flourishing human community.
Here are some links from today’s episode:
- Pick up Dominique’s book: Rethinking Incarceration: Advocating for Justice that Restores
- Check out the FREE video curriculum for Rethinking Incarceration from Walking Towards Love.
- Our friends at the Anastasis Center have created a Study and Action Guide For Small Groups for Rethinking Incarceration.
- Connect with Dominique on his website.
- Follow Dominique on Twitter.
- Follow Dominique on Facebook.
And if you are interested in learning a way of life that coheres with what you heard in this episode, check out Gravity Leadership Academy, our 10-month training intensive for Christian leaders who want to bring lasting transformation to their culture.
If you found this episode of the Gravity Leadership Podcast helpful, please let us know by leaving a rating and review on iTunes, or wherever you review podcasts. You can also contact us to ask a question or suggest a topic for a future episode.
And fill out the form below to join the Gravity Leadership Community. You’ll get a curated list of interesting and edifying articles every week, plus FREE resources for leading like Jesus, living on mission, and making disciples.
The post Rethinking Incarceration with Dominique DuBois Gilliard appeared first on Gravity Leadership.