Manage episode 190471670 series 1302309
In Greenblut FM Episode Number 17 we speak with Guest Sebastien Kopp from French Sneaker Brand VEJA. Sebastien started VEJA together with his best friend 2004 in Paris.
VEJA is a brand of ecological and fair trade footwear and accessories that works with cooperatives of small producers and social associations in Brazil and France. The soles of VEJA shoes are unique, as they are made of natural fair trade rubber from the Amazonas. Most of the uppers are made of organic cotton.
I have met Sebastien for the first time in 2005 or 2006 after VEJA was just started. Both founders had no Shoe making experience and they only offered a small line of canvas sneakers. Their production mode seemed crazy …….in a time when most brands moved their shoe production to Asia they were sourcing and producing in the brazilian jungle.
Today VEJA is a very successful growing brand. VEJA shoes are sold in the best stores allover the world, but best of all, they still work with the same producers they had started with in 2005. I am looking forward to my interview with Sebastian and I am curious to listen to the VEJA story
in this episode we talk about:
- 2 bankers quit their job and start an ethical sneaker brand
- working with Altereco
- from student to entrepreneur
- a generation hacked by the Internet
- how to develop a brand without formal knowledge
- you can do whatever you want if you follow what you want
- understand the consumer
- a trip to Brazil
- organic cotton and fair trade cotton
- working in the field with the producers
- follow the path of production
- create a better production from A-Z
- Why Veja is not using advertising
- why Veja production costs are 5 times higher than regular shoe brands
- Design + Economics = Success
- real stories vs artificial stories
- learn to walk before you run
- how Veja started with only 10000€ of investment and a loan
- add 100% of yourself into the Brand
- how they started Centre Commercial in Paris
Links mentioned in this Episode:
THANKS FOR LISTENING! Wherever you are, and however you listen to the Greenblut FM Podcast, Thank You! Are you interested in hearing more from Sebastien and Veja ? Let him know in the comment section below! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the sidebar of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Greenblut FM Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them. If you have any questions just move over to the contact section and drop us a line or click on the right sidebar.And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates Many, many thanks to Ben for joining us see you next show If you want to get more Information about proven ways to grow your green company just subscribe to our Newsletter.
Der Beitrag Sebastien Kopp VEJA : How to create the perfect sneaker brand erschien zuerst auf Greenblut.
13 episodes available. A new episode about every 150 days averaging 42 mins duration .