159: The leading timesheet & project management software for creative professionals, started in 2000, from working with people from the agencies, now has a total of 20 team members with thousands of subscribers for over 20 years. (Corina Ludwig)
Manage episode 307673258 series 2710338
In this episode, I interview Corina Ludwig, President at FunctionFox Systems, Inc. based in Victoria, Canada. They offer online timesheets and project management for creative professionals to help them track time and projects and improve workflow. Corina is responsible for overseeing the FunctionFox engine, as she manages daily operations; vision and planning, advertising, and marketing.
FunctionFox started in 2000 when the agency was looking for a better way to track time and projects. At that time, Corina was working at an advertising design creative studio. While developing a timesheet and project management software for themselves, they then branched it out to other creative companies. That’s when they started selling and growing. Now the leading choice of creative professionals with thousands of subscribers and a total of 20 team members for over 20 years.
Corina has emphasized the importance of working with great, smart people. She believes in placing value on the team, and in turn, the team takes good care of their clients.
This Cast Covers:
- Offering online timesheets and project management for creative professionals.
- Helping creative companies move faster and worry less by accurately and easily tracking time and projects.
- Has been doing it for over 20 years and about 70% of the user base is creatives.
- A monthly subscription software service that helps companies track their projects, clients, and personnel so they can work with them accordingly.
- Referrals as the main source of new clients and the biggest drivers of the company.
- The importance of hiring good people and mentors and firing people when they don’t work out.
- Managing daily operations; vision and planning, advertising and marketing.
- Started working with people from the parent agency, which now has a total of 20 team members and has thousands of users around the world.
- Keeping the product very relevant to core customers and audience by having features that are customer-driven.
- A customer-driven company makes sure that people are getting everything that they need.
- Good To Great By Jim Collins
- Never Split the Difference By Chris Voss
- The Metronome Effect By Shannon Byrne Susko
- Mastering the Rockefeller Habits By Verne Harnish
“There are little wins along the way and you really have to celebrate all those little wins.” —Corina Ludwig
“If you have a great product and great people that can tell your story, you'll do wonders.” —Corina Ludwig
“Surround yourself with good people. Good team and good mentors.” —Corina Ludwig
“Believe in yourself when no one else is.” —Corina Ludwig
“Focus on what you're doing. Not what everyone else is doing.” —Corina Ludwig