Manage episode 157851004 series 1234398
Jenna's funny TED talk on marriage has almost four million views.
There’s a lot out there about marriage. Recently, who has the right to marry whom, as been all over the media and, as we all know, there’s a massive industry focused on profiting from “that special day.”
But what happens after that? The rest of your married life is not so clear. As you grow from young adult to middle age and, if you’re lucky, your golden years— what does marriage look like and what do we expect from each other? This week’s guest, Jenna McCarthy, is the author of many books on relationships and her TED talk on “What you don’t know about marriage” has almost four million views. She’s hilarious and a lot of fun to talk to, you’ll get a lot out of our conversation about what midlife spouses want from each other.
MENTIONED AND RELATED RESOURCES
- John Gottman Institute
- Do you know what the number one predictor of divorce is?
- Love Is a Battlefield
- Marriage Matters: From good to great, simply
- Masters of love
- Love, factually: Gerontologist finds the formula to a happy marriage
- The One SIMPLE Gesture That Could Make Your Relationship Rock Solid
- U.S. marriage rate hits new low and may continue to decline
- Half of 20-year-olds will never marry in 'devastating' trend
- USA Network’s "Satisfaction"
- How To Explore Non-Monogamy In Your Relationship
- Redefining Love and Marriage in the 21st Century
- My own “indecent proposal”
- Shark Tank Winners Open Bakeries, Marriage and Home
- What Happens In A Post-Marriage America?
- Marriage Arguments: Can All Conflicts Be Resolved?