Manage episode 179129722 series 1439144
There’s something about hearing the story behind the business that makes things so much more relatable.
Starting a business is both awesome and hard. Sometimes you feel like you’re on an island by yourself, even if you have people you connect with regularly (daily) or even have someone who works with you (or for you). Hearing how other people have managed all of this is a great reminder that you’re on the right path (or maybe that you’ve accomplished far more than you give yourself credit for).
That’s how I felt after talking to Dan Norris of WP Curve.
If you haven’t heard of WP Curve, you will (and not just from this podcast). WP Curve is a service that provides unlimited WordPress support and small jobs, 24/7 from $79 a month (if that sounds awesome, it’s because it is… and is their explanation of what they do!)
As someone who has made a conscious choice to stay away from maintenance and support (that’s for another conversation), I LOVE that this is an affordable and amazing solution for my clients.
Dan is one of those people that you talk to and wonder if he ever sleeps … not only is he the founder of WP Curve but he is also an author (The 7 Day Startup: You Don’t Learn Until You Launch) and a microbrewer! Yep, he’s starting a microbrew too (I know, I totally want to hang out with him too).
What You’ll Learn in This Episode
- How Dan was a couple weeks away from getting a job before he launched WP Curve
- How he connected with his business partner
- Why doubling your team doesn’t necessarily mean you double your intake in work
- How they determine when to hire more developers
- Why service is always the determining factor
- How WP Curve uses a cost equation to scale their business
- What their goal is for average response time for the clients
- Why the close enrollment down if necessary
[tweet_box]”We’re focused on rising above the competition in terms of building a better team.” Dan Norris @wpcurve[/tweet_box]
Questions I asked Dan
- What he was doing before launching WP Curve
- How and why he launched WP Curve
- How he connected with his business partner, Alex McClafferty, in the U.S.
- How they prevent people from submitting a bunch of tasks to get an entire site done
- How he creates so much content
- What the Facebook group ‘Content Machine’ is all about
- When his next book is coming out
- How he marketed WP Curve (one simple & consistent strategy)
Connect with WP Curve
Links from this episode
177 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 55 mins duration .