Manage episode 216712271 series 2281068
- Don’t Confuse Engagement with Satisfaction: Employee engagement and employee satisfaction are not the same. Ensure that you understand the difference to get an accurate read on engagement levels of your leaders and team members. You must learn to measure the right things.
- Lend Your Ear(s): One of the simplest ways to gain buy-in from an employee is to listen. Be as intentional as possible in developing your listening skills as a leader. Practice less talking and do more listening this week.
- Embrace Challenges: One of the keys to engagement is whether or not an employee feels challenged in their work, to have a position where they’re growing. Equip your managers to have real conversations with team members to understand the level of challenge they are feeling with the work they are doing.
- Reassess Your Cultural Norms: Culture is a collection of behavioral practices of the organization, both stated and unstated. Are there unintentional harmful norms that are happening in your organization and need to be discussed? Appoint a group of people to keep a collective eye and report regularly, so these norms don’t continue within your workplace.
- Emplify - Are you still using pulse surveys? How about annual questionnaires? If your organization relies on either of these, it’s time to discover Emplify. Emplify has created a new way to measure employee engagement. It’s where CEOs who want to know what’s really happening within a workforce go… to get honest feedback… and to understand what needs to change for people to love their work using simple and trustworthy data.
- Purple Ink - Purple Ink’s customized HR services will help you make your workspace JoyPowered. Whether you’re looking for help with recruiting, compliance, or leadership training, they listen to what you need and tailor their solutions to you. And look for The JoyPowered Workspace Podcast wherever you listen to podcasts!
67 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 24 mins duration .