Manage episode 220171709 series 2281068
- Remember What It’s Like to be a New Face: Put yourself in the shoes of your new hires. Imagine what their first days are like. Who is everybody? Who can they go to with questions? Where is everything located? Your job is to provide a clear roadmap to make the transition as painless as possible. Don’t make them figure everything out by themselves.
- Start the Onboarding Process With the First Interaction: If you want to hire engaged employees, don’t wait for their first day to start onboarding. Engaged employees have values that match with those of your culture. So, during your initial phone interview, ask what “culture” means to them. This will weed out anyone with a “culture disconnect” and make the rest of the onboarding process easier and more effective.
- Make Onboarding a Full Force Effort: Onboarding shouldn’t just involve your Operations or H.R. Department. It needs to be a culture-wide process. Create a culture that is welcoming to new hires and allow them to introduce themselves to everyone. Have them share not only who they are professionally, but a personal interest as well.
- Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
- Titus - In our conversations with CEOs and hiring managers, we hear they are frustrated with traditional recruiting... From outrageous fees to focusing on candidates before clients, the process was broken and needed to be fixed. Enter Titus Talent. Titus Talent Strategies serves its clients using passionate people, a proven process, and unparalleled performance. Oh, did we mention they guarantee the PERFORMANCE of their candidates for 12 months?
- Custom Concrete - Custom Concrete has been creating foundations for the finest homes, commercial buildings and industrial facilities throughout Central Indiana since 1969. Builders, contractors, and homeowners rely on our expertise because so much depends on getting it right. Our knowledge and control of all aspects of the job, from excavation to waterproofing to backfill, means that extra value is built into every project. Codes don’t drive our business, excellence does.
68 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 23 mins duration .