Manage episode 221232362 series 2281068
Truth You Can Act On:
- Healthy Accountability. Too often we think of accountability as a negative term. Holding your team accountable doesn’t mean they’re in ‘trouble’. Instead, it should be viewed as an opportunity to achieve goals together. So when you think of accountability, first think of buy-in. What are the things that need to happen in order for us to achieve your goals? Once that’s answered, then your role as the leader is to help them reach their goals by holding them accountable for doing what they set out to accomplish.
- What do you stand for? In order to foster an engaged team, you have to first know your company’s values. Otherwise, you won’t know if you’re hiring the right people. You want the people who join your team to be obsessed with your company’s purpose, mission, and goals. Starting with the right-minded people is half the battle.
- Don't just have a meeting to have a meeting. In our conversation, Pete shares his insight on how to hold effective meetings so that time isn’t wasted and issues are addressed. The cadence of when you have meetings doesn’t have to be prescribed. It’s not about a right or wrong amount of meetings; it’s about effectiveness in those conversations. Regardless of when or how often you meet, Pete still encourages leaders to meet with their people once per quarter. Doing so allows you to identify potential issues and pivot for improvement rather than waiting for an annual review.
- Custom Concrete – Custom Concrete has been creating foundations for the finest homes, commercial buildings and industrial facilities throughout Central Indiana since 1969. Builders, contractors, and homeowners rely on our expertise because so much depends on getting it right. Our knowledge and control of all aspects of the job, from excavation to waterproofing to backfill, means that extra value is built into every project. Codes don’t drive our business, excellence does.
- Emplify – Are you still using pulse surveys? How about annual questionnaires? If your organization relies on either of these, it’s time to discover Emplify. Emplify has created a new way to measure employee engagement. It’s where CEOs who want to know what’s really happening within a workforce go… to get honest feedback… and to understand what needs to change for people to love their work using simple and trustworthy data
67 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 24 mins duration .