Manage episode 222743052 series 2281068
- Hire the right people. The key to hiring is to focus on selecting individuals with strong character, attitude, and aptitude. These traits are hard, if not impossible, to teach. Technical skills, on the other hand, can easily be trained.
- Track goals and progress. Create accountability by implementing a system to break down objectives into measurable steps. In Steve’s system, every leader has a visible metrics board for their team, and each team has unique goals and a 90-day action plan. This action-plan is broken down further into the KPIs that track for individual and team clarity. Adopt a similar system for your organization to ensure everyone is clear on their role and how it fits into the goals of the company.
- Build employee ownership. Take some time in a quiet place to think about ways you can help employees feel like owners in your organization. After individual reflection, block time to brainstorm ideas with the entire leadership team. Then, actually put your ideas into action and measure the impact regularly. The more ownership employees feel, the higher the engagement and the stronger the culture will be.
- Launching a Leadership Revolution by Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady
- Emplify - Are you still using pulse surveys? How about annual questionnaires? If your organization relies on either of these, it’s time to discover Emplify. Emplify has created a new way to measure employee engagement. It’s where CEOs who want to know what’s really happening within a workforce go… to get honest feedback… and to understand what needs to change for people to love their work using simple and trustworthy data.
- Purple Ink - Purple Ink’s customized HR services will help you make your workspace JoyPowered. Whether you’re looking for help with recruiting, compliance, or leadership training, they listen to what you need and tailor their solutions to you. And look for The JoyPowered Workspace Podcast wherever you listen to podcasts!