Manage episode 230409203 series 108988
Dave has not left and HPR has not sold out
Last Month's Shows
Comments this month
These are comments which have been made during the past month, either to shows released during the month or to past shows.
There are 24 comments in total.
There are 3 comments on 3 previous shows:
- hpr2708 (2018-12-19) "Ghostscript" by klaatu.
- Comment 2: Klaatu on 2019-03-07: "You're welcome"
- hpr2749 (2019-02-14) "Lostnbronx and Klaatu commentary from episode 2743" by klaatu.
- Comment 1: Klaatu on 2019-03-07: "We are stupid"
- hpr2759 (2019-02-28) "Cleaning the Potentiometers on a Peavey Bandit 65" by Jon Kulp.
- Comment 2: Jon Kulp on 2019-03-02: "Never too much about 80s gear"
There are 21 comments on 12 of this month's shows:
- hpr2761 (2019-03-04) "HPR Community News for February 2019" by HPR Volunteers.
- Comment 1: Mike Ray on 2019-03-04: "Media embedded show notes"
- hpr2762 (2019-03-05) "What You Really Are" by lostnbronx.
- Comment 1: tuturto on 2019-03-05: "oh, wow"
- hpr2763 (2019-03-06) "Deepgeek explains SPF records" by klaatu.
- Comment 1: b-yeezi on 2019-03-09: "Thanks for the help"
- Comment 2: pauleb on 2019-03-11: "Great explanation!"
- hpr2764 (2019-03-07) "Personal password algorithms" by klaatu.
- Comment 1: Steve on 2019-03-12: "LessPass"
- hpr2766 (2019-03-11) "Disk enumeration on Linux" by klaatu.
- Comment 1: Joel D on 2019-03-12: "The Letters C and F"
- Comment 2: Klaatu on 2019-03-13: "Thanks for the info Joel"
- Comment 3: Ahuka on 2019-03-14: "Old drive letters"
- hpr2768 (2019-03-13) "Writing Web Game in Haskell - Planetary statuses" by tuturto.
- Comment 1: Klaatu on 2019-03-15: "Agog and aghast"
- Comment 2: tuturto on 2019-03-15: "this made my week"
- hpr2773 (2019-03-20) "Lead/Acid Battery Maintenance and Calcium Charge Voltage" by Floyd C Poynter.
- hpr2774 (2019-03-21) "CJDNS and Yggdrasil" by aldenp.
- Comment 1: tuturto on 2019-03-21: "fascinating"
- Comment 2: Brian-in-Ohio on 2019-03-21: "more shows"
- Comment 3: norrist on 2019-03-21: "gentoo"
- Comment 4: Gavtres on 2019-03-25: "IPv6 end to end encryption"
- hpr2776 (2019-03-25) "Sub-Plots In Storytelling" by lostnbronx.
- Comment 1: operat0r on 2019-03-25: "fun stuff"
- hpr2777 (2019-03-26) "The quest for the perfect laptop." by knightwise.
- Comment 1: Beeza on 2019-03-29: "Computer Requirements Specification"
- hpr2778 (2019-03-27) "Functor and applicative in Haskell" by tuturto.
- Comment 1: Beeza on 2019-03-28: "Intuitiveness Of Haskell"
- Comment 2: tuturto on 2019-03-29: "thanks and great idea"
- hpr2779 (2019-03-28) "HTTP, IPFS, and torrents" by aldenp.
- Comment 1: Hipstre on 2019-03-31: "Enjoyed it, sounded great"
Mailing List discussions
Policy decisions surrounding HPR are taken by the community as a whole. This discussion takes place on the Mail List which is open to all HPR listeners and contributors. The discussions are open and available on the HPR server under Mailman.
The threaded discussions this month can be found here:http://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/2019-March/thread.html
Any other business
Did we mention the The Mint Cast ?
There was a misunderstanding about Yannick’s show 2740 when it was discussed on the February Community News. The show was about
Pop_OS!, a subject Yannick had also spoken about previously on an edition of the TuxJam podcast.
The misunderstanding was that we thought this might have gone against guidelines on syndication, where in fact it did not. It was merely a case of the same subject being spoken about by the same person on two different podcasts.
Change to the host page
The page for each host:
which used to contain a list of all shows contributed by that host, with the show notes, has been made more compact. It now displays only the title, release date, duration, series (if applicable), tags and the show summary. Clicking on the title takes you to the show itself.
The list of all hosts in alphabetic order can be seen at http://hackerpublicradio.org/correspondents.php (navigate with the top menu bar: Home→About→Hosts). From there clicking on the host number takes you to the page for that host. There’s also a link to the host page from the page for each show.
Community News Calendar
An iCal calendar has been prepared which holds the next 12 recording dates for the Community News. This calendar can be downloaded and opened by suitable clients such as the Thunderbird mail client or Google Calendar. The file is linked from http://hackerpublicradio.org/about.php and may be downloaded from http://www.hackerpublicradio.org/HPR_Community_News_schedule.ics.
Tags and Summaries
Over the period tags and/or summaries have been added to 32 shows which were without them.
If you would like to contribute to the tag/summary project visit the summary page at http://hackerpublicradio.org/report_missing_tags.php and follow the instructions there.
2835 episodes available. A new episode about every day .