Manage episode 182803482 series 1102021
TUGG Boston helps early stage, experimental nonprofits in the city earn funding and build their networks through multiple events and resources. Its annual Tugg Makes Boston fundraiser distributes more than $200,000 in funding to local organizations looking to solve challenges in their communities.
On this episode of Hacks and Flacks, we speak to TUGG Executive Director Elizabeth Dobrska, covering the resources TUGG offers to help its portfolio companies hone their message, and the biggest developmental challenge facing most nonprofits (hint: it's not fundraising).
We also talk about the potential for marketing innovation in the nonprofit sector, and the importance for founders to build genuine, long-term relationships with the media.
- Get involved in TUGG's Tech Gives Back on October 19, 2017 techgivesback.org
- Learn about Pledge 1% Boston pledge1boston.squarespace.com
- Learn more about TUGG Boston: tugg.org
- Follow Hacks and Flacks on Twitter: @hacksflacks
- Follow Hacks and Flacks on Instagram:@hacksflacks
- Follow our Facebook Fan Page: Hacks and Flacks Podcast
- Follow March Communications on Twitter:@MarchComms
- Visit the M+PR Nonsense blog: MarchComms.com/blog
44 episodes available. A new episode about every 22 days averaging 41 mins duration .