All Parents Want their Kids to Do well in Life


Manage episode 184484023 series 3487
By Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio streamed directly from their servers.

You can purchase a copy here:

All Parents Want their Kids to Do well in Life

Here are the first two paragraphs of the text...

If you are a child growing up in Haiti, you already know what major your parents want you to select or what they want you to study. If you are a boy, they want them to become a doctor, a businessperson, a lawyer, an engineer or an architect. Haitian parents wish their children choose those majors. As 95 % of Haitian parents are poor, they must pray a lot. They would like to see their dreams become a reality by faith. The remaining 5 % of Haitian children have more chance to study what their parents want them to study. Those parents are wealthy. They can send their kids to study in foreign countries such as the United States, France, Canada etc. That means the majority of Haitian children do not have much of a choice. They would like to find a scholarship. If they are lucky, they may find an evangelical or catholic church that may look for a scholarship for them from their professional network.

Even before Haitian students take their official baccalaureate exams, they hope to further their studies. However, they cannot find any financial means to pay those exorbitant fees (costs). Those youngmen and young women’s parents work their land that does not provide good yields. On many occasions, this lack of good yields is due to the lack of rain. Drought is the cause of many farmers who cannot work. Even when they plant, inundation, bad weather, and hurricane destroy their fields and livestock that could help their children.

Haitian Creole

Tout paran vle pitit yo vin doktè, enjenyè, biznismenn, Pwofesyonèl, famasyen, avoka, achitèk etsetera

Si w se yon timoun k’ap grandi an Ayiti, ou deja konnen ki sa paran w vle w etidye. Si w s’on tigason, yo vle w vin yon doktè, biznismenn, avoka, enjenyè oswa achitèk. Paran ayisyen yo swete pitit yo etidye pwofesyon sa yo. Kòm 95 pou san paran ayisyen pòv, yo dwe priye anpil. Yo ta renmen wè sa rive pa lafwa. Rès senk pou san timoun ayisyen yo gen plis chans etidye sa paran yo vle yo etidye. Paran sa yo gen anpil lajan. Yo ka voye pitit yo al etidye nan peyi etranje tankou etazini, frans, kanada etsetera. Sa vle di majorite timoun ayisyen pa gen anpil chwa. Yo ta renmen jwenn yon bous etid. Si yo gen bon chans, yo ka jwenn yon legliz pwotestan oubyen katolik ki chache yon bous pou yo nan tout rezo pwofesyonèl yo.

Menm avan timoun ayisyen pase ekzamen ofisyèl bakaloreya yo, yo espere fè etid superiyè yo. Men, yo pa ka jwenn mwayen pou yo peye gwo pri sa yo. Papa jennjan sa yo travay latè ki pa bay bon rekòlt. Pafwa se paske lapli pa tonbe. Sechrès se kòz anpil kiltivatè ki pa ka travay. Menm lè yo plante, lavalas, tanpèt, ak siklòn detwi jaden ak bèt ki ta ka ede pitit yo.

96 episodes available. A new episode about every 55 days averaging 35 mins duration .