Manage episode 234084640 series 28500
Is staying at a job you hate holding you back from happiness? What if you’ve changed careers…and the new work wasn’t quite the fit you thought it would be?
That’s what happened to Audrey Romagnoulo. She was a talented Operations Manager working in the Events and Hospitality industry in New York City. She’d given much of herself to the job and had been rewarded with increasing responsibility, perpetual “thank yous” …and an increasing distaste for her work because what she valued most didn’t align with what the company valued.
When she came to us for help, it became apparent that the genuine, highly caring, no-holds-barred person that she was (and wanted to be more often) was being hampered because of the job she was working in.
This inability to be herself for 70 hours a week became so frustrating for her that it sparked an 11-month long journey to figure out what she really wanted and fight off the mental barriers that were keeping her stuck!
So how did she go from teary days staying at a job she hated to getting paid $20,000 more with a career that allowed her to be who she is?
Take a listen to Audrey’s story and find out!
- Learn why it’s important to be authentic and honest during the interview process and how it can put you a step above the rest.
- How can hard conversations lead to better opportunities?
- Learn how defining the lifestyle you want and including that want into your job search can make all the difference.
- The fear of money may be holding you back from making a change. Learn how to overcome that fear and get clear on your money situation.
- Could staying in your current situation actually be costing you money? Listen and we will tell you how to find out.
- Maybe that great accomplishment shouldn’t be on your resume - Learn what should and shouldn’t be on your resume when making an industry switch.
- Hear how not taking yourself too seriously and joking around can lead to more connections and more opportunities.
- Find out how interviews can not only help you learn about a particular job but can help you define what kind of environment you will truly excel in.
308 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 41 mins duration .