Manage episode 179715442 series 1403090
Brace yourselves! This episode of Happy Hour from the Tower: A Destiny Podcast is YOUGE! BIGLY! SUPER-SIZED FOR YOUR PLEASURE!
Let’s just be honest here: We had a lot to say about that Twitch stream from Bungie!
We’re breaking down the big reveal from May 18 with Special Guardian Guest Ron Dauphin jumping in on the conversation.
And…wait…Tee’s got a reveal of his own? And it’s got something to do with the Listener Feedback? What’s he revealing to his fellow Fireteam mates?
Enjoy this double-sized engram, encoded with all sorts of thoughts, opinions, and feedback from Bungie’s big day! Share with us your own thoughts on the big changes, new storylines, and incredible surprises from Destiny 2 at 703.791.1701 or podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com. We’d love to hear from you!
00:00 — Introduction
- Big nod to the Red Legion!
- Nick sharing his love for Amanda while Brandon gives his most serious of faces.
- Check it out — ObiOrion is in studio!
- Let’s talk about May 18, 2017…IT WAS NICK’S BIRTHDAY!!!
- But we think something else was going on that day…
1:52 — The Reveal of Destiny 2 (Part One)
- Bungie unveiled Destiny 2 on Twitch…and Guardians were pretty happy about it.
- Piper watched me watch the gameplay…and she loved it.
- How many times did you watch the gameplay?
- Do you feel the tension between the classes?
- Reactions to “Homecoming” from the collected crew…
- Sweeperbot FTW!!!
- These Guardians were taking notes!
- Celebrating the Best of Cayde-6
- New Special Abilities: The Sentinel, the Dawnblade, and the Arcstrider
- More news from Mr Fruit’s Gaming Channel on surviving subclasses.
- Representation matters, especially in Destiny!
- What we’re digging from the opening cinematics…
- What we want to see more of in Destiny 2…
- What’s with the salt on Forums and Facebook Discussion Boards?
- Tee gives good Lance Reddrick.
15:01 — The Reveal of Destiny 2 (Part Two)
- You were expecting this show to be a half an hour? This is the Destiny 2 reveal, thank you VERY much!
- More about the Red Legion and their leader, Gary…
- And ObiOrion brings the gravitas to Happy Hour from the Tower.
- Where’s Eris Morn?
- Speculating on what happens after the “Homecoming” mission…
- If Orion had that armor, he would be wearing the new armor.
- Does your power come from Experience or Light?
- Tee needs to practice a bit at the jumping for Destiny 2…
- Nick features the new maps coming in September
- On Earth, we rendezvous at the European Dead Zone
- On Nessus (Cayde-6’s hideout)
- Saturn’s moon, Titan (Zavala’s hideout)
- Jupiter’s Io (Ikora’s hideout)
- …and getting from place to place has gotten a touch easier.
- Destiny 2 introduces sidequests into the mix.
- Tee’s theory as to why Guardians never had a map in Destiny 1.
- Tee owns his inability to navigate current maps in game.
- Changes in The Crucible
- All matches are 4v4
- Ron’s take on it: Destiny now compels players to work harder.
- Coordination will be key
- The H.U.D. is even more effective and dangerous…
- We’re not going to let Nick slink away from the Crucible this go-round…
- Nick covers changes in Social Matchmaking.
- Bungie wants people to play in Fireteams.
- And the Beta is coming….when?
- Another break…but Nick gets in the last word.
31:14 — The Phil Rossi Experience
32:24 — The Reveal of Destiny 2 (Part Three)
- Nope…we’re not done. We’re NOT — DONE.
- The new subclasses have some great abilities that encourage cooperative play.
- Some Warlock love featured in the new Strike! (Love your Warlocks!)
- Can we just take some time and enjoy the world designed for us?
- Reflections on the Vault of Glass…
- The debate between Dedicated and Peer-to-Peer Servers
- No love for Division on this podcast, apparently…
- Connections are a bit of a dice roll with Peer-to-Peer connections
- Why would Bungie fix something that isn’t broken…for them?
- Nick continues his descent into Destiny’s Grimlore
- The backstory of SIVA
- A Hardcore Destiny Guardian has collected all the cards and created bound volumes.
- What happens when you go exploring in the Plaguelands…
- Tee’s #DestinyGoals: Writing a tie-in novel.
- Shout-out the THIS GUY in the audience…
You, sir, are Legend!
- Closing thoughts. Finally…
- Tee draws a line in the sand. Truly, he does.
- Some thoughts on the Defender subclass
- Zavala’s moment in the opening cinematic
- No, seriously, Ron wants to know where is Eris Morn?
- One more segment to go…
46:48 — The Shared Desk
47:48 — Feedback & Tee’s Raid Revelations
- Yikes! We’re still going!!!
- Listener Email from TurtleSnake75…in Germany!
- Listener Voicemail from our Fireteam’s own WikiReedia! (The one and only, Nobilis Reed.)
- And now comes to the reveal as to how all this ties in with Tee’s surprise…but Nick steals the thunder momentarily with some lovely art for the studio!”
- Tee’s big reveal: He got busy last week.
- Mad love to ZGPhoto (Zac) and the Photobombers on Twitch!
- Are you curious as to what Tee got up to? Well, guess what — this adventure was broadcast on Twitch for all to see.
- Tee waited for the call from Team Leader ZG of “A good effort, but you’re done…” but nevertheless, the Photobombers persisted.
- When Tee found his groove, he found it in Wrath of the Machine…but when he didn’t…
- Then there were the directional challenges.
- And in the end, we made it the final phase only to be outdone by Bungie.
- Tee’s Revelations
- Destiny’s Community rocks my world hard.
- Zac and the Photobombers were patient, kind, and good guys—all of them.
- Tee’s been playing Destiny all wrong.
- He needs to master jumping.
- “Wrong Way” needs to end. Now.
- He’s got two months…and a standing invitation to return to the Wrath of the Machine Raid with ZGPhoto.
- Another Takeaway: Watching the Raid is not the same as running the Raid.
- Practice, practice, practice…
- Thanks again, Zac.
- Now it’s time to get practicing.
- Remember, we want to hear from you…
- Voicemail — 703.791.1701
- Email — podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com
- We need to have Ron on more often…
Remember to leave us a comment or questions
for the show at 703.791.1701, or here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
Eyes up, Guardian!
Time to give up the Ghost.
Thanks for listening.
62 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 19 mins duration .