Manage episode 237164272 series 2296270
In this week’s episode, we focus on the Supreme Court’s decision to hear arguments from health insurers, who claim $12.3 billion in losses after the federal government reneged on payments owed to certain payers under provisions in the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Business leaders, including the Chamber of Commerce, had urged the court to review an appellate court ruling in June 2018 that Health and Human Services is not obligated to make risk corridor payments to insurers.
Other briefs include:
- AbbVie is set to acquire Allergan for approximately $63 billion.
- President Trump’s executive order on health care pricing transparency.
- Sanford Health and UnityPoint Health signed letter of intent to merge.
- CityMD and Summit Medical Group agree to merge.
- City of Hope will invest more than $1 billion to create a comprehensive cancer campus in Irvine, Calif.
- North Memorial Health and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota create joint venture.
About Darwin Research Group
Darwin Research Group Inc. provides advanced market intelligence and in-depth customer insights to health care executives, with a strategic focus on health care delivery systems and the global shift toward value-based care. Darwin’s client list includes forward-thinking biopharmaceutical and medical device companies, as well as health care providers, private equity, and venture capital firms. The company was founded in 2010 as Darwin Advisory Partners, LLC and is headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz. with a satellite office in Princeton, N.J.