Manage episode 238115143 series 2296270
Last Tuesday, three judges from the federal appeals court in New Orleans heard oral arguments regarding the ruling made last December in Texas v. United States. The district judge overseeing the case ruled that the Affordable Care Act (ACA)’s individual mandate is unconstitutional and, therefore, the entire ACA must be overturned. This week’s Our Take discusses what happened during oral arguments and what’s expected next.
Other briefs include:
- A federal judge has blocked a Trump administration rule stipulating that drug manufacturers include wholesale prices in television advertising.
- President Trump signed an executive order designed to transform kidney care in the U.S.
- Boston-based Partners HealthCare announced that its Biobank has surpassed 100,000 participants.
- Evanston, lll.-based NorthShore University HealthSystem is merging with Swedish Covenant Health.
- Southfield, Mich.-based Beaumont Health System signed a letter of intent to acquire Akron, Ohio-based Summa Health.
About Darwin Research Group
Darwin Research Group Inc. provides advanced market intelligence and in-depth customer insights to health care executives, with a strategic focus on health care delivery systems and the global shift toward value-based care. Darwin’s client list includes forward-thinking biopharmaceutical and medical device companies, as well as health care providers, private equity, and venture capital firms. The company was founded in 2010 as Darwin Advisory Partners, LLC and is headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz. with a satellite office in Princeton, N.J.