Manage episode 242188237 series 2296270
In today’s Our Take read-in, we review value-based payment models in oncology. If this is your field, this episode is one you don’t want to miss. To sign up for the weekly email brief, click here.
Other briefs include:
- Capital Rx, a startup pharmacy benefit manager, launches its Clearinghouse Model.
- The owners of Purdue Pharma, maker of OxyContin, tentatively agreed to pay $3 billion to settle opioid-related lawsuits.
- Cigna introduced a new program to make expensive gene therapies more accessible.
- 370 health care organizations signed a letter to Congress in support of bipartisan legislation to reform prior authorization requirements.
- Insurers will owe a record $1.3 billion in medical loss ratio rebates this year.
- Several executive moves.
About Darwin Research Group
Darwin Research Group Inc. provides advanced market intelligence and in-depth customer insights to health care executives, with a strategic focus on health care delivery systems and the global shift toward value-based care. Darwin’s client list includes forward-thinking biopharmaceutical and medical device companies, as well as health care providers, private equity, and venture capital firms. The company was founded in 2010 as Darwin Advisory Partners, LLC and is headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz. with a satellite office in Princeton, N.J.