Manage episode 195572644 series 1465745
Dr. Tim Jackson is one of the leading experts in mitochondrial health, and today, he joins Kevin on the show to share some incredibly valuable information on how a healthy mitochondrial system functions, what you may feel like with a dysfunctional mitochondrial system, and what you can do to repair the damage at the cellular level.
Dr. Tim obtained his undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University in 2003 in health science and Chemistry and in 2009, he received his doctorate in physical therapy from the Medical University of South Carolina. Additionally, he has conducted significant studies in functional medicine, nutritional biochemistry, digestive health, and functional endocrinology.
“If you don’t get rid of the deterrent to mitochondrial health, the mitochondrial won’t work. Period.” Dr. Tim Jackson
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Why the mitochondrial system is so important to your overall health.
- The effects of inflammation, supplements, and the environment on your mitochondrial health.
- Why avoiding mold and mycotoxins are critical to mitochondrial health.
- Why you should test your reduced glutathione to oxidized glutathione.
- How antibiotics can damage the mitochondria
- Does getting blue light, especially after sunset, negatively affect mitochondrial health?
- Why many medical practitioners don’t understand the concept of a mitochondrial threshold.
- EMF device effects on the “Cell Danger Responses” of the mitochondria cells.
- Optimal ways to increase DHA in your diet.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Doug Wallace’s Series
- Pharmasan Labs
- Tim Ferriss’ article in Outside Magazine
- Cell Danger Response
- Rehabilitate the mitochondrial membrane with fatty acids and fossil lipids.
- Supply sufficient amounts of glutathione, especially reduced glutathione, and super oxide dismutase.
- Avoid toxins, environmental toxins, and pollution that will affect the mitochondria.
Connect with Dr. Tim Jackson:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the HealthCastNow Podcast Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking
175 episodes available. A new episode about every day averaging 33 mins duration .