Manage episode 189110388 series 1452414
Episode 13: “Interview with China Darrington (part 2)”
This week, China Darrington joins us for part two of a discussion surrounding the dependency process from a birth parent’s point of view. We’ll gain valuable insight into the process that parents go through as they have their children removed: shock, protest, adjustment. China helps us understand the birth parent mindset through each of these stages and valuable tools to help parents move forward toward success. Three tools discussed specifically to help parents move toward reunification are:
- Identify Barriers
- Framing the decision
- Envision Success
Also hear the power of dignity and hope “as the stars aligned” when offered by those on the front lines of child welfare work.
- Helping Parents Succeed Facebook Group
- Parent Base Resources Page
- XIX Recovery Support Services in Ohio, founded by China Darrington
- “Openness After Adoption” featuring China Darrington, written by Dominique Arrington (Rise Magazine)
- “Building a Positive Relationship with Birth Parents” by Donna Foster
- Rise Magazine “Making the Most of Visits” (wonderful resource to provide to parents as they begin visits)
- Maggie’s Place
- Changing Lives Center @ Phoenix Rescue Mission
- Music by: Jonathan Thomas “They End I Begin”
- Email any questions or comments to email@example.com
The post Episode 13-“Interview with China Darrington (part 2)” appeared first on Parent Base.
16 episodes available. A new episode about every 11 days averaging 51 mins duration .