This series is archived ("Inactive feed" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
When? This feed was archived on August 31, 2018 01:36 (). Last successful fetch was on February 23, 2018 19:39 ()
Why? Inactive feed status. Our servers were unable to retrieve a valid podcast feed for a sustained period.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 189354059 series 1452414
Helping Parents Succeed Podcast- Episode 14
This is one of our favorite past episodes, so this week we’re posting our first “rebroadcast” to make sure everyone has an opportunity to hear it! We’ve all heard about shared parenting between foster and birth parents, but what does that look like practically? In this episode we interview foster parents Michael and Kris Parker and discuss the interview with Jennifer, a birth mom. We’ll see the importance of communication, how foster parents may initially view birth parents, and how birth parents may initially view foster parents. This episode helps to lay the groundwork for working together for the health of the family.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
- Helping Parents Succeed Facebook Page
- Learn more about Changing Lives Center for Women & Children
- RISE Magazine (a magazine by birth parents and for birth parents)
- Interested in learning more about becoming a foster parent? Check out Arizona 1.27!
- Are you a parent who has reunited with your children with a desire to help others? Become a Peer Mentor.
- Music by: Jonathan Thomas “They End I Begin”
- Email any questions or comments to email@example.com
20 episodes available. A new episode about every 16 days averaging 51 mins duration .