Manage episode 189354059 series 1452414
Helping Parents Succeed Podcast- Episode 14
This is one of our favorite past episodes, so this week we’re posting our first “rebroadcast” to make sure everyone has an opportunity to hear it! We’ve all heard about shared parenting between foster and birth parents, but what does that look like practically? In this episode we interview foster parents Michael and Kris Parker and discuss the interview with Jennifer, a birth mom. We’ll see the importance of communication, how foster parents may initially view birth parents, and how birth parents may initially view foster parents. This episode helps to lay the groundwork for working together for the health of the family.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
- Helping Parents Succeed Facebook Page
- Learn more about Changing Lives Center for Women & Children
- RISE Magazine (a magazine by birth parents and for birth parents)
- Interested in learning more about becoming a foster parent? Check out Arizona 1.27!
- Are you a parent who has reunited with your children with a desire to help others? Become a Peer Mentor.
- Music by: Jonathan Thomas “They End I Begin”
- Email any questions or comments to email@example.com
16 episodes available. A new episode about every 11 days averaging 51 mins duration .