Manage episode 210531764 series 2361285
THIS WEEK: We return to our coverage of Kamen Rider; Shocker has perfected their soap bubble technology; dogs are better than Kamen Rider at fighting crime; Tohru Hiriyama's influence on the show; the subject we've been dancing around comes to a head as Takeshi Hongo fades out from his own show; Great Leader is everyone's worst micromanaging boss; SEGATA SANSHIRO IS CANON; Toei's increasingly-grainy recycled footage; I don't think the showrunners know what electromagnetic waves are; the introduction of Kazuya Taki and Hayato Ichimonji; and Blue Kamen Rider is Fat Pikachu.
* Kamen Rider (1971) 9-15
* Cobram'n, Gebacondor, Yamogelas, Tokageron, Sabotender
* Cobraman's legacy in the franchise
* The show is still finding its feet
* It turns out that a henshin sequence that requires your lead actor to jump off of a speeding bike is the littlest bit risky
* Why does Shocker hate dogs so much
* Hongo's evolution from nice grad student into a lying liar who lies
* Tachibana's cunning plans
* Ruriko's character development
* Shocker's global influence
* Shocker's greatest minds stymied by a waist-high fence
* Alexa has been watching Blue Blazes
* The Tachibana Racing Club
* The introduction of the lucha libre combatmen
* Kamen Rider 2: Hayato Ichimonji, babyface photographer and professional ass
* c a c t u s o r b s
* Hongo and Ruriko go back to their home planet
* The classic Kamen Rider pose and transformation
* riders georg
* Proximity bomb hot potato
* Never tell the truth, always commit to the lie
* Kazuya Taki is not Spiderman
* Poignant dialogue ruined by Sabotegron's gag boobs
* “Fight! Seven Riders! Showa Rider Taisen”- Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
* Masato Shimon – “Let’s Go! Rider Kick” and “Kamen Rider no Uta”
Visual companion post in the next few days!
NEXT WEEK: The Double Zero cyborgs go on a nice vacation.
30 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 120 mins duration .