Manage episode 197748025 series 48560
The guys talked to Matt Warren about his recent blog posts on .NET open source and open source contributions.
- (00:20) How Matt goes about writing his in-depth blog posts
- (03:15) Arrays and the CLR – a Very Special Relationship
- (07:00) The Book of the Runtime
- (11:00) Span to allow high performance array and string manipulation
- (16:07) Memory Usage Inside the CLR
- (20:06) A look at the internals of ‘boxing’ in the CLR
- (24:40) Intel hardware intrinsic functions (SSE, AVX, POPCNT, etc.)
- (25:50) A look at the internals of ‘Tiered JIT Compilation’ in .NET Core
- (35:00) A DoS Attack against the C# Compiler
- (40:00) How much the cross-platform aspects of .NET are apparent in the .NET platform code
- (43:40) Analysing C# code on GitHub with BigQuery
- (51:35) Open Source .NET – 3 years later
178 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours .