Manage episode 279815292 series 2838318
We can become the observer of our thoughts, and when we can step into this higher level of consciousness, we can unlock the keys to our behavior and create from a place of intentionality. We switch from Reacting to Responding.
For a full transcript and show notes, head to: www.thrive.how/podcast138
In this episode Kate is talking through this concept of becoming the observer, and addresses:
- What does it mean to split from our thoughts and switch to being the observer
- If I am not my thoughts, then who the hell am I?
- How else we can think about the observer
- Why this is useful, and how it can impact our lives
- Paths we can following to begin to integrate this idea
Kate specifically mentions the following tools and resources:
Episode #62 of Here to Thrive with Andrea Featherstone on Deconstructing Mindfulness.
Eckhart Tolle's book - A New Earth. Link here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0452289963/?ref=exp_kate.snowise_dp_vv_d
Steven C. Hayes book on ACT - A Liberated Mind. Link here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/073521400X/?ref=exp_kate.snowise_dp_vv_d
The Oprah & Eckhart New Earth Podcast. Link here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/oprah-and-eckhart-tolle-a-new-earth/id1458654443
To learn more about Kate Snowise and Thrive.How head to www.thrive.how
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.