A Journey into the Heart of Being Human: Dan Siegel and Dawson Church in Conversation
Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on March 16, 2023 17:30 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 336744846 series 2954332
Dan Siegel, PhD, is a clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine. He is the author of several bestselling books including Mind: A Journey into the Heart of Being Human. In this second part of a two-part series, Dan and Dawson talk about how much bigger the mind is than the brain. They reference research showing that quantum entanglement applies not just at the molecular level, but to large living systems. Besides fields at the level of atoms and molecules, there are large scale fields extending even to the level of societies. These may be the mechanism connecting minds at a distance. When we fill our personal experience with love and kindness, our interior worlds reach out to shape the larger fields of nonlocal mind.
Dan and Dawson discuss:
- The old view that mind and consciousness are epiphenomena of complex brains is outdated
- Social fields that connect large numbers of human beings
- Energy is the movement of possibility to actuality
- How thoughts can move intention toward collapsing possibility into probability
- The phenomenon of shared mind can extend to the macro level
- The 3 ingredients of a connected life: focused attention, open awareness, kind intention
- The way your state of mind will influence people 3 degrees of separation away
For more about Dr. Dan Siegel: https://drdansiegel.com/
And more about Dr. Dawson Church: http://dawsongift.com/
Note this episode was recorded originally live for HealthyLife.net on June 29, 2017.
#eft #eftuniverse #mindtomatter #blissbrain #highenergyhealth #beinghuman #themind