Slowness and Stillness: Michael Shea and Dawson Church in Conversation
Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on March 16, 2023 17:30 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 352269295 series 2954332
Dr. Michael J. Shea is an expert in the fields of somatic psychology and craniosacral therapy. He holds a doctorate in Somatic Psychology at The Union Institute and leads seminars in the US and Europe. He is a formal student of the Dalai Lama, and for 10 years apprenticed with a medicine man named John Nelson on the Navajo reservation in Arizona. He is the author of a series of books on biodynamic craniosacral therapy.
Here he and Dawson talk about:
- 93% of Americans have an unhealthy heart
- 88% of Americans have metabolic disruption
- History of PTSD and obesity linked to being a Vietnam-era veteran
- If you have metabolic dysfunction, what is the first thing you do?
- How to read the labels and notice ingredients
- Manage your kitchen; learn to cook consciously
- The kitchen is the new ER
- Interoceptive awareness, noticing sensations in body, sensing your heartbeat
- The embodiment of the senses
- The polarization in the culture cuts us off from our bodies
- Visceroception - new word for the perception of when we’re hungry
- Benefits of becoming aware of your heartbeat
- When do you need physical adjustment like massage, chiropractic?
- How our bodies know how to heal
- The importance of prayer, poetry, song, calming the mind
For more about Dr. Michael J. Shea: https://www.sheaheart.com/
For more about Dr. Dawson Church: http://www.dawsongift.com/
#eft #eftuniverse #blissbrain #mindtomatter #immunesystem #balancingenergy #slownessandstillness