The Healer Within: Roger Jahnke and Dawson Church in Conversation
Manage episode 350209534 series 2954332
Dr. Roger Jahnke, OMD, is one of the most respected luminaries in the fields of evidence-based mind-body practice, wellness, integrative medicine, and Chinese medicine. He has dedicated his professional life to sharing the ancient holistic empowerment and healing traditions of China, distilled for contemporary times. He is the author of, The Healer Within and The Healing Promise of Qi.
He has trained over 3000 Tai Chi and Qigong Teachers internationally. With 35 years of clinical practice as a physician of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine, and 10 research tours to China’s temples and sacred mountain sites, Dr. Jahnke has emerged as a key spokesperson for and master teacher of Tai Chi, Qigong, and mind-body practice.
Here he and Dawson reflect on:
- Every indigenous culture in the world developed insights about the way the world worked
- Around the campfire a million years ago, science was observational science
- Who we now called scientists used to be called “Natural Philosophers”
- When you observe a person, you can see their degree of vitality
- Even eighteenth century, “vitalism” judged the vitality of a person
- In India, degree of “Prana” in Ayurvedic medicine
- Called “Mana” in native Hawaiian culture
- Ancient Chinese medicine observed “Qi”
- The ancients could see organs inside dead people, but recognized Qi is absent
- If you stay active, rest well, nourish yourself with a variety of natural foods
- Asked how you could train up Qi. So, they developed Kung Fu
- Qigong much later, fifteenth century, making medicine in the human system
- How do we boost our qi?
- Lengthen spine, yoga, breath, mindful body scan, tension release, and massage
- Long Deep Slow (LSD) breath
- The people doing Tai Chi in the park aren’t weird, it’s the people who aren't!
- Anxiety and depression reduce our qi and energy tremendously
- Yeong Shun is the Chinese wellness routine, includes apoptogenic superfood herbs
To learn more about Dr. Roger Jahnke, http://healthaction.net/ and http://instituteofintegralqigongandtaichi.org/
For more on Dr. Dawson Church: www.dawsongift.com
#qi #thehealingwithin #mindtomatter #eft #blissbrain #eftuniverse #chinesemedicine #qigong #wellness #taichi