Manage episode 296841323 series 2948089
You may have heard the phrase, “Marxism in theory has a lot of merit,” or “True Marxism has never really been tried.” Well, here in Episode 24, we break it all down as we explore the 6 principals of Marxism laid out by Karl Marx himself. We also delve into the life of Karl Marx along with his friend and co-author of the Communist Manifesto, Friedrich Engels, and take a closer look at the rise of the Frankfurt School and Critical Theory. Get ready, we packed a lot into this 36-minute episode.
- When referring to Felix Weil, who funded the Institute of Social Research, we incorrectly called him Max Weil.
- The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels
- Das Kapital (3 vol.) by Karl Marx
- The Condition of The Working Class in England by Friedrich Engels
- The Practice and Theory of Bolshevism by Bertrand Russell
- The Critique of Pure Tolerance by Herbert Marcuse, Robert Wolff, Barrington Moore
- The Penguin Dictionary of Modern History, 1789-1945 by A.W. Palmer