Manage episode 334236333 series 3303237
Most visitors to Switzerland head to the hot spots of Zurich, Lucerne, the Jungfrau Region and Zermatt, and all are worthy destinations. There are lesser known destinations that are worth a visit, too, and one such place is St. Gallen, Switzerland's eighth largest city.
In this episode, I'm joined by Toby Treichler, Deputy Director of St. Gallen Bodensee Tourism, who tells us about his beautiful city and the surrounding region, and why you should consider including it in your Swiss itinerary.
- Toby's background and his role at St. Gallen Bodensee Tourism
- Important things to know about St. Gallen
- St. Gallen's highlights and must-visit attractions
- Culinary specialties of St. Gallen
- Other destinations that St. Gallen Bodensee Tourism are responsible for
- Best time of year to visit St. Gallen
- Toby's tips for spending one day in St. Gallen
- 'Secret' places to visit near St. Gallen
For further details about all the places and foods mentioned in this episode, and the full Show Notes, visit https://holidaystoswitzerland.com/episode50
>> Visit our shop for helpful Switzerland travel guides and resources.
Connect with us:
This podcast is sponsored by Switzerland Tourism. #ineedswitzerland