Manage episode 217972755 series 1418260
This episode features Alex Cando And Heath Meyers from Urban Forest Craft Brewing as the swing by the bat-cave for an hour of education, fun and full bearded revelry. These brewers are o the cusp of starting the next phase of their careers in making commercially available craft beer, and if the beer list below isn't enough, the excitement from an already exuberant fan base is showing promise before their doors even open.
YOU SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY! Of course, we should mention it was Mr. Mike Sears' B-day, which should go without saying that we drank a little beer to celebrate. Actually we drank a lot! Here's the list from our extensive beer tastings throughout this show, all furnished by Alex and Heath from their soon to be beer menu:
- Kindred Kolsch 4.9% Clean and delicate and made with traditional German hops.
- British Golden Ale 5.3% A distinct hop bite with bready maltiness.
- Whitney 4.3% VanillaCream Ale...listen and learn :)
- DDH Sugar Skull 5% Hoppy American Wheat Ale brewed with Chinook ad Citra hops.
- Squish Mitten 7.3% New England IPA with El Dorado, Ekuanot and Eureka hops.
- O'Chaahky 7% Irish Chocolate Stout Chaahk base beer fermented with Irish yeast strain.
- Bike Fix 2.5% Grapefruit Radler, kettle soured wheat beer blended with with house Ruby-Red Grapefruit Soda.
We also have some fun with a little Beards & Beer history in a friendly game of Beer Tag in which Heath flirts with a perfect score. Add that Alex (and Heath) are rockstars in their own right and we feature a few sound clips from Alex's storied Nu-Metal career playing bass guitar and touring the world in bands called Darwin's Waiting Room, Five Bolt Main, Alston and Rockford local band Silence is Broken.
Share this podcast with your friends (below) and send us your feedback for what you’d like us to talk about on the Home Brew Rock Stars Facebook page. You can now buy our Home Brew Rock Stars stuff on Threadless. Plus…tune in next episode as we share interviews with the founder of Tilted Kilt Brewing! #drinkitup
41 episodes available. A new episode about every 19 days averaging 68 mins duration .