Manage episode 247041215 series 67484
Samsung doubles down on SmartThings at the Samsung Developer Conference, Home Depot confuses customers with a new line of Philips connected bulbs that aren’t compatible with Hue, and the August View is back. Plus: Agnes Lorenz from The Smartest House joins us to dive into Z-Wave and examine the Zooz line of custom Z-Wave products that address specific consumer needs.
This episode of Home: On is brought to you by Clearstory, a new podcast from This Old House.
Listen to the episode here or download it.http://traffic.libsyn.com/thedigitalmediazone/homeon-ep128.mp3
You’ll also find the show in these places:
- Samsung Doubles Down on SmartThings
- A modulated laser beam could emulate smart speaker commands
- Ring didn’t encrypt your Wi-Fi password for the 5 seconds it took to provision the doorbell on your network
- August View doorbell is back on the market
- Insignia smart home products are now orphaned
- Sonos lets you trade in old devices for 30% discount
- MySmartRollerBlinds now (finally) available
- Zooz multi-way Switch/Dimmer at CES
- Zooz Unveils Three Clever New Z-Wave Devices
- Check out the great products at The Smartest House
- Solve your Z-Wave problems with Zooz products
- Follow The Smartest House on Twitter
Home: On is listed at Technology.FM, a curated collection of technology podcasts, including great shows like The HomeTech Podcast, The Food Tech Show, and The Smart Home Show, now co-hosted by Richard with Adam Justice.
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.
Please inquire about sponsorship opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org
The post Home: On #128 – The Smartest Products, with Agnes Lorenz appeared first on The Digital Media Zone.