Manage episode 219004521 series 8232
Ilia Delio, OSF, is the Josephine C. Connelly Endowed Chair in Theology at Villanova University, a wide read author, popular speaker, and down right passionate communicator at the intersection of religion, science, and our evolving universe. I had a complete blast talking to her and we covered a bunch of different facets of her work including her journey from molecular biology to the monastery to the academic study of theology. We also tackle:
- the role of mystery in theology
- Artificial Intelligence
- cosmic evolution
- reconciling God with the scientific world
- the ecological crisis
At the end of the interview Ilia suggested two places to begin reading her work, The Unbearable Wholeness of Being: God, Evolution, and the Power of Love and Hunger for Wholeness, A: Soul, Space, and Transcendence. When asked what three books she would recommend to dig deeper into the topics we tackled in our conversation she said…
- Deeper Than Darwin: The Prospect For Religion In The Age Of Evolution and God After Darwin: A Theology of Evolution by John Haught
- Christianity and Evolution, by Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
- Bonaventure’s Soul’s Journey to God which can be found in this most excellent collection of his writings.
376 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 77 mins duration .