Manage episode 231799719 series 134571
Comedy Central's Mark Normand shares hilariously insightful stories about working with Amy Schumer, Judd Apatow, and Louis CK. Mark also gets candid about how he grew from living in the hood of New Orleans to becoming comedy's trending white guy!
Click here to hear Mark's 2nd interview with us:
Visit our website: http://hotbreathpodcast.com/
Listeners can expect to learn in detail about:
- Performing on Conan and Late Night with Stephen Colbert
- Prepping sets for late night
- Being a straight white male in comedy
- Mark's Joke writing process
- How to pitch a TV show
- Working with Judd Apatow, Louis CK, Amy Schumer
- Word choice in writing comedy
- Breaking the record for most sets in New York
- The trial and error of creating comedy material
- Organization tips for comics
"In show business, everybody is scared at every level."
"The industry wants you to draw a young demographic."
"I do an hour of writing every day."
"Joke writing is similar to molding clay."
"You may try four jokes on stage and only one works."
IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN STARTING YOUR OWN PODCAST, JOIN JOEL'S ONLINE PODCASTING COURSE HERE:
GET $10 OFF WITH COUPON CODE: HOTBREATHPOD
Get Hot Breath! Merch Here:
Support the Hot Breath! Patreon:
WATCH ON YOUTUBE:
Email Joel: JoelByarsComedy@gmail.com
SUBSCRIBE ON ITUNES:
Subscribe on Spotify:
Joel Byars' Links:
Joel's Website: http://www.JoelByarsComedy.com/
Link to Joel's Comedy Writing Book:
Join the Joel Byars E-mail List:
Thanks for reading this far down!