Manage episode 245562741 series 2077163
After spending 3 years in the rat race as an IT professional, Mark Owens woke up one day and thought - there must be a better way. He bought his first rental property, and realized that it was his ticket to working smarter, not harder. As Mark will tell you, cash flow is addicting. 17 years later, he’s in what he calls chapter 12 of 15.
Today, Mark owns a portfolio of over 100 rental units and coaches new investors to acquire and build their portfolios as well. Mark spends his free time at investor meetups and classes, Facebook Live and podcasting, sharing all that he can possibly think of, without holding anything back.
We chat about:
- How to set goals
- How to scale a rental portfolio
- How to execute a perfect BRRRR strategy
- Why SFH cash flows better than multifamily
- The finer points of owner financing
- Self-managing 100+ rentals
- Connecting investors to lenders you know for points
Where to find Mark Owens:
- Mark’s website: markowens.com
- Mark’s Facebook group
- Mark’s website Hard Money Choices: hardmoneychoices.com
If you have any thoughts or questions shoot us an email at email@example.com. You can also find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @HouseDudes
Interested in Real Estate Investing but don't have the time? How about putting your money to work passively. Head over to HouseDudes.com for more information.
Please subscribe through iTunes or your favorite podcast app! If you like what you hear please give us a rating, like, and share. It really helps the show grow.
- iTunes: http://bit.ly/HouseDudesiTunes
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/HouseDudesGooglePlay
- YouTube: http://bit.ly/HouseDudesYouTube
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/HouseDudesStitcher
- SoundCloud: http://bit.ly/HouseDudesSoundcloud
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HouseDudesPodcast/
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/housedudes
Follow Josh Koth and Jack Hoss on their journey towards financial freedom using the power of Real Estate through the REI Rookies Podcast (Real Estate Investing Rookies Podcast). We share our experiences as we acquire rental properties, build net worth, and work towards financial freedom. We are focused on creating wealth through conventional and creative real estate investing while improving our financial education. If you are a fan of Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki and Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller or are looking for an alternative to the Dave Ramsey, Jim Cramer, Motley Fool or Suze Orman shows we invite you to subscribe today!