How Authors Work: Learn the process from professional authors and become a more productive writer
Building community with your readers (and why Rome fell) – with Dr. Markus McDowell
Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on August 11, 2019 12:34 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 187581750 series 1545138
Tools and resources mentioned by Markus McDowell.
- His Book: To and Fro Upon the Earth: A Novel
- His Website: MarkusMcDowell.com
Writing Tools Markus Uses:
- Brain Storming/Note taking: Apple Notes on ios11, and Voice Memos
- Outline: Ulysses
- Cards: Scriviner
- Mindmap: Scapple
- Story Grid: Aeon Timeline
- Word Processor: Ulysses
- Project and Task Management: Things 3
- Hearing his book: has Siri or ibooks read his book to him
- Finding Beta Readers: Goodreads
- Managing Beta Readers: BetaBooks
Other Services Mentioned
- Hoot suite: linked to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram
- The Story Grid: What Good Editors Know by Shawn Coyne
38 episodes available. A new episode about every 17 days averaging 43 mins duration .