How Authors Work: Learn the process from professional authors and become a more productive writer
From Fan Fiction to Original Work — with J.S. Dewes
Manage episode 195869526 series 1545138
In this episode, Jenny talks with Andrew and Paul about her workflow and how her experience as a screen writer influences her work as a novelist.
- Using Pinterest to organize mood, character, and plot boards
- Using Scribophile to work with critique partners vs using BetaBooks to work with beta readers
- Gen Con
- Screen writing for indie films
- How her work in screen writing and cinematography has influenced her novel writing
- Fan fiction as a segue from screen to independent novel writing
- Using dialogue to imply action
- Lessons learned while writing fan fiction
- Refraining from reading while writing
38 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 45 mins duration .