Christine Lee and Karl Forsyth: On Community Building, Reaching Those in Pain, and the Rationality of the Christian Faith
Manage episode 189419642 series 1424553
Christine Lee is the rector of All Angels church in New York City. She is the Episcopal Church’s first Female Korean-American priest. She has more reason than most to feel like the church can feel exclusive, but talks extensively about how she aims to create a community of people that understand and love each other rather than an exclusionary one. Karl Forsyth was an engineer/economist for nearly a decade, then he decided to shift enter the ministry. He is currently planting a church in Adelaide, Australia. He talks about giving hope to those in need, building a community, and the internally-consistent logic of the Bible.
Things that we talked about during the show:
- Items referred to in the show:
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality: It’s Impossible to Be Spiritually Mature, While Remaining Emotionally Immature by Peter Scazzero https://g.co/kgs/aN7B5r
- Why Plant Churches? By Timothy J. Keller http://www.gospelinlife.com/why-plant-churches
- Zeal Without Burnout: Seven Keys to a Lifelong Ministry of Sustainable Sacrifice Book by Christopher Ash https://g.co/kgs/RWJy1n
- Gospel of Mark: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+1
- Is God a Moral Monster?: Making Sense of the Old Testament God Book by Paul Copan (recommended post-episode) https://g.co/kgs/rVbUVj
- More information on their churches
- Facebook (All Angels):
27 episodes available. A new episode about every 17 days averaging 54 mins duration .