Elissa James-Founder of Irisillian.com: How Creating a Community for Professional Women Can Make It Better
Manage episode 182433076 series 1424553
Elissa James was a successful corporate lawyer working 100 hour weeks, when she decided to reevaluate her approach to her professional life. She has started an international community of professional women from her core site of irislillian.com who support each other.
- What was the one type of comment that keeps you going:
- “It can be a lonely world out there, especially as you move further and further through your career. Groups like Iris Lillian provide a nice community to go to touch base – even if for just 5 mins during lunch – to remind yourself that:
- 1. other women are still out there (it is almost entirely men in my work group)
- 2. it’s OK to want to achieve as a woman; and
- 3. it’s OK to be a woman!”
- Articles mentioned during show:
- Launching a podcast, Link pending
- Interview link with Marisa Drew: Link pending
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/294208220938893/
- Reach out firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow @irislillianhq on Twitter
Correction: I said Elissa studied at Oxford, when in fact she lived there, but was not studying at the time.
27 episodes available. A new episode about every 17 days averaging 54 mins duration .