Manage episode 244490774 series 2391186
Oren Klaff reveals the secret behind successful pitches—and how to persuade those around you.
1) What most people get wrong about persuasion
2) How to communicate your worth
3) The surefire way to convince anyone
Oren is Director of Capital Markets at investment bank Intersection Capital where he manages its capital raising platform (retail and wholesale distribution), business and product development. Oren co-developed and oversees Intersection Capital's flagship product, Velocity™.
From 2003-2008 as he applied his pioneering approaches to raising capital and incorporating neuroscience into the capital markets programs, Oren raised over $400 million of investor capital from high net-worth individuals and financial institutions.
Oren is a member of Geyser Holding's investment committee where he has been a principal since 2006. During its growth he was responsible for sales, marketing, branding, product development, and business development. Previously, he was a venture analyst and partner at several mid-sized investment funds.
- Oren’s book: Flip the Script: Getting People to Think Your idea Is Their Idea
- Oren’s book: Pitch Anything: An Innovative Method for Presenting, Persuading, and Winning the Deal
- Oren’s website: OrenKlaff.com
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Book: Riveted: The Science of Why Jokes Make Us Laugh, Movies Make Us Cry, and Religion Makes Us Feel One with the Universe by Jim Davies
Thank you Sponsors!
- Bench. Cross bookkeeping off your list forever! Get 20% off your first six months of professional bookkeeping at bench.co/awesome.
- Simple Habit. This meditation app can help you gain greater control over your thoughts for better persuasion. Visit SimpleHabit.com/Awesome get 30% off premium subscriptions.
- ZipRecruiter is the smartest way to hire. Try them for free at ZipRecruiter.com/htba