Manage episode 226248928 series 1313418
Welcome to the Liturgical Lowdown for the month of February! In this episode host, Lisa Cotter will be giving you insights, histories, and ideas on how to celebrate and integrate the liturgical life of the Catholic Church into your life this month.
February’s Devotion: The Holy Family
- Prayer: Prayer to the Holy Family
The Pope’s Monthly Intention: Human Trafficking: For a generous welcome to the victims of human trafficking, enforced prostitution, and violence.
How-to Lent (on resolution making)
CatholicFamilyCrate.com (Use the code to get 20% off your first crate!)
Feasts of Note:
February 1st – St. Brigid of Ireland (Feast in Ireland)
- Prayer: O Holy St. Brigid
- Audio: The Life of St. Brigid (It’s free!)
- Food: Catholic Cuisine
- Craft: St. Brigid Cross
February 2nd – Presentation/Candlemass (Solemnity)
February 3rd – St. Blaise (Memorial)
February 8th – St. Josephine Bakhita (Optional Memorial)
February 10th – St. Scholastic (Memorial)
February 11th – Our Lady of Lourdes (Optional Memorial)
- Prayer: Pope St. John Paul II’s prayer to Our Lady of Lourdes
- St. Bernadette of Lourdes (Truth to Inspire Series)
- Food: Edible Grottos
- Craft: Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto Making Kit
February 14th – Sts. Cyril and Methodius (Memorial) / St. Valentine (unofficial)
February 20th – Sts. Francisco and Jacinta Marto (Feast in Portugal)
February 22nd – Chair of St. Peter (Feast)
- Video: St. Paul Outside the Wall
- Craft: Paper Miter (from my old mommy blog)
- Everything: Shower of Roses
Connect with us!
111 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 37 mins duration .