Manage episode 266423920 series 2715087
In today's episode, Zane interviews the author of "Lies My Doctor Told Me," Dr. Ken Berry.
After med school, Dr. Berry found himself with a low quality of life standing at nearly 300 lbs and confused because he was following the diet of advice of his esteemed professors. He knew something wasn't right.
Through self-education and research, he found a lot of what he knew to be right about diet and exercise didn't line up with the facts.
"The bedrock to health is diet." - Dr. Ken Berry
- Preferred Human Diet Virtual Summit
- Get the book: "Lies My Doctor Told Me."
- Saturated Fats and Health: A Reassessment and Proposal for Food-based Recommendations: JACC State-of-the-Art Review
Dr. Ken Berry on Social
Quick Episode Summary:
- Welcome Dr. Berry
- A look into Dr. Berry's book
- Dr. Berry's experience in med school
- When Dr. Berry found out that most doctors are wrong How a low carb diet changed Dr. Berry's life
- What Dr. Berry's diet looks like today
- What hunger should tell you
- How our ancestor ate
- How diet affects your cells
- Where did we go wrong with the food pyramid
- Why Zane loves Dr. Berry's YouTube channel
- How to connect with Dr. Berry