Manage episode 278344053 series 2715087
In today's episode, Zane interviews, Diana Rogers, R.D., NTP, LNP.
She is the Co-Author of "Sacred Cow" with best selling author Robb Wolf and the Producer of the documentary based on the book.
When Diana was younger, she struggled with digestive issues later to be diagnosed with Celiac Disease at 26. On a quest to live a healthier life., she went back to school to study nutrition and discovered "The Paleo Solution" by Robb Wolf. That's where Diana's story truly begins.
NINE BIG TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
1. Meat is the most nutrient-dense food for humans Meat does not increase the risk of disease Nutrients in meat are more bioavailable than in plants or in supplements
2. Vegetarians do NOT live longer when other lifestyle variables are considered
3. Protein requirements per person: 1g of protein per pound of body weight or per pound of ideal body weight
4. Children fed meat perform better than children on a meatless diet in behavior, cognitive ability and physical development in only a controlled study on the effect of meat in the diet of children.
5. Little difference in nutrition between grass-finished beef and grain-finished beef
6. Farming with animals, especially grazing ruminants, is better for the environment.
7. Regenerative farming puts carbon back into the soil. A fake meat burger like "Impossible Burger" and "Beyond Burger" put as much carbon emission into the atmosphere as one regenerative farmed burger puts carbon into the soil
8. Regenerative Farming is scalable and sustainable as well as environmentally beneficial
9. Push for meatless diets and lab-created meat is pushed by Silicon Valley Tech Companies and Processed Food Corporations for financial benefit
Sign up to preview the Documentary "Sacred Cow" Nov 22-30 and get more info at www.sacredcow.info
Connect with Diana at:
- IG: @sustainabledish
Connect with Zane:
Ready to lose weight for good? Check out my Metabolic Makeover program at the link below! https://zane-griggs-fitness.mykajabi.com/pl/213309
QUICK EPISODE SUMMARY
- Welcome Diana
- Diana’s health story Diana’s history in environmental issues
- The image-driven culture of plant based diet
- Meat is healthy, period
- How much protein should you have a day
- The best way to get nutrients
- Grass vs. Grain finished
- The land cycle of animal grazing
- How coin and soy affect the birds
- Is old fashion farming coming back?
- Why we need to scale the ranching industry
- It doesn’t add up
- Why you should watch the film and read the book