Manage episode 281516202 series 2715087
We have a new year but not much has changed for many. The last year has taken a toll on the personal health routines of many people.
The external factors are out of our control but how we respond is our choice.
We decide when and what we eat, when we go to bed and how much we move.
When you take control of your health you will be more empowered to take control of other areas of your life as well.
Don't rely on the public health authorities.
Our dietary guidelines are influenced by food industry sponsorships and food contracts from companies like PepsiCo, General Mills and ConAgra and the influence of the American Beverage Association.
Make actionable goals like getting 7-9 hours of sleep, eating 2-3 meals a day with no snacking and exercising 2 or 3 times a week.
Set up boundaries and reminders to make the changes part of your schedule.
Prioritize protein in your meals. Limit carbs to less than 100g a day if weight loss is the goal.
Use unsweetened electrolytes to prevent dehydration when limiting carbs.
Get your diet and sleep in place first, then add exercise 2-3 times a week, prioritizing strength training.
Don't let a desire for a perfect situation keep you from making progress.
Put a few new things in place and move forward.
CONNECT WITH ZANE:
If you would like a greater understanding of the lifestyle concepts I've mentioned please take a look at the Metabolic Makeover program. Metabolic Makeover: Click here
QUICK EPISODE SUMMARY
- You choose how to respond
- Managing important areas of your life
- You can’t wait for it to be “over”
- It’s time to move forward
- Americans new recommend nutrition
- Clever ways to keep you in a healthy routine
- Practical ways to set yourself up for success
- Meal planning and leveraging protein
- Losing water weight still counts
- No one can do this for you
- How to learn more about this process
- Start now