Manage episode 265131219 series 2715087
The current antibody test results may bring hope due to the mortality rate much lower than expected worldwide based on the date, but if you look closer at the numbers, they revealed a personal health crisis.
The conditions put people at the most at risk to contract Covid-19 include hypertension, obesity, and diabetes.
These are primarily lifestyle diseases, mostly preventable and manageable with better choices with diet and exercise.
Learn more in today's episode!
- JAMA Study April 22, 2020: Presenting Characteristics, Comorbidities and Outcomes Among 5700 Patients Hospitalized with Covid-19 in the New York City Area
- TIME Magazine: Almost Every Hospitalized Corona Virus Patient Has Another Underlying Health Issue According To A Study Of New York Patients
- Covid-19 is an emergent case of aging
Quick Episode Summary:
- Covid-19 statistics
- Underlying health problems and Covid-19
- Diseases of lifestyle choices
- Normal is not optimal
- The cost of lifestyle choice diseases
- Time for change