Manage episode 229573602 series 1393286
Shelley Zalis is an internationally-renowned leader for the advancement of women in the workplace and I’m so honored to have her on as this week’s guest.
Shelley is the CEO of The Female Quotient and co-founder of the #SeeHer initiative aimed at increasing the percentage of accurate portrayals of women and girls in advertising.
Previously, she was the first female chief executive ranked in the research industry’s top 25 and went on to sell her company to the third-largest research company in the world. She’s now dedicated to giving back by focusing on the advancement of equality and changing corporate culture.
From the business of research to the business of equality, in this episode, Shelley talks about being a leader in a male-dominated industry, embracing what makes us different, why it’s up to us to rewrite the rules, and how to leverage what she calls the “power of the pack.”
Get full show notes and more information here: http://www.hustleandflowpodcast.com/110
Things you will learn in this episode:
• How Shelley rewrote the rules and her thoughts on developing the “un-corporate culture”
• Her thoughts on being assertive as a woman CEO
• Who “The Pioneer”, “The Copycat” and “The Sweeper” are in relation to the corporate world and why understanding these roles is critical
• What women can start to embrace to realize our full potential in the workplace
• How the Gender Equality Measure, or GEM score, has become the industry standard to measure the portrayal of women and girls in advertising and media
For links to Shelley’s social accounts and websites and other resources mentioned in this episode, visit: http://www.hustleandflowpodcast.com/110
Get It Done Challenge!
The Get It Done Challenge is back. From April 1-5, I’ll help you spring clean your to-do list so you can reclaim your calendar and your sanity. You might even win a free 2020 Life & Law Planner or trip to Life & Law LIVE in November. Register for free at www.GetItDoneChallenge.com
136 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 30 mins duration .